About the Director
Dr. Mohinder Singh Dahiya (M.Sc., Ph.D.) is currently the Director for the Institute of Forensic Science and Institute of Behavioral Science, Gujarat Forensic Sciences University since the establishment of the institute. He holds a Ph.D. in Forensic Science and 30 years of experience in Forensic Science laboratory. He has held different positions in the Directorate of Forensic Science - Gujarat state and remained the Deputy Director of the laboratory for many years.
He has been imparting training to various cadres of Police Officers, Judicial Officers, Banking Officials and Forest Department officials, in areas related to Forensic Science, Narcotics, Explosives, Wildlife Crimes, Computer Forensics and Crime Scene Management. He has the following achievements:
- Gold Medalist in M.Sc. (Criminology & Forensic Science).
- Published more than 80 research papers in various scientific journals.
- Prepared and complied the Toxicology Manual for BPR&D, under the Chairmanship of Director FSL - Gujarat.
- Has been the Member of Chemistry and explosives, Narcotics and psychotropic substances Manual Committee, prepared by BPR&D.
- Awarded with DFS Meritorious Award in Forensic science - 2003 in recognition of crime scene management, Forensic science support to police officers at crime scene and laboratory analysis.
- Got NABL accreditation of various departments of DFS – Gandhinagar, as Quality Manager.
- Author of book titled “Crime scene management”
- Appointed as the member of Hooch Tragedy commission by Government of Gujarat, headed by Retd. Mr. Justice K. M. Mehta.
- Reported many forensically important cases of Gujarat and other States in India